Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Love Letter

dear layla,

for nothing more than the pleasure past i would sacrifice my family, my god, and my own existence, and still you will not move. i am at the end of my mind, i cannot go back and there is nothing in tomorrow (save you) that can attract me beyond today. i have listened to the wind, i have watched the dark brooding clouds, i have felt the earth beneath me for a sign, a gesture, but there is only silence. why do you hesitate, am i a poor lover, am i ugly, am i too weak, too strong, do you know why? if you want me, take me, i am yours...

if you dont want me, please break the spell that binds me. to cage a wild animal is a sin, to tame him is divine. my love is yours


(signed with only a heart)

Written by Eric Clapton to Pattie Boyd while she was married to George Harrison. Pattie Boyd is the muse who inspired Clapton's Layla, Wonderful Tonight, and Something by George Harrison. Im reading her memoir right now and its fascinating. Pattie eventually left George to be with Eric. Do you blame her after words like that?

Pattie Boyd

No comments: