Monday, April 14, 2008

Here

Grave departures from where I used to be
I look ahead to relentless possibilities
New tasks
Effort on my part
And others
In haste, I sprint past your existence
Kiss your interest
And leave you
Longing for more
Just a taste for now
Today’s too easy
Tomorrow’s another story
And another
And another
In dreams is where I choose to lie
Alone
Tempting you to fall next to me
But, change is inevitable
As we’re in constant motion
With the passing of time, thoughts, and feelings
I’m wiser than you
Old souls inherit an untouchable knowledge
And I don’t see it in your eyes
So, I can’t let you in
You won’t understand
Where I am
Where I stand
Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who wrote this?
it sounds like the words of a jilted lover. one that resents
their former flame and compensates
by feigning a superiority complex.

Anonymous said...

pretty strong words dear "anonymous" commentor...you may be the jilted lover, perhaps? I perceive this is as a classic case of the chase. wanting what you can't have and once you can, wanting something else. no personal attacks here, just simple seduction. I dig it.

this rain delay said...

I did.